Friday, May 16, 2014

Today’s activities…

Since Wednesday evening we have been pet sitting for my sister, who just recently bought a dog.  His name is Waylon and he is about 6 months old.  Being quite the hyper puppy he has been a good playmate for our Keisha as long as she is willing to play…

DSC04463

Today I decided to tweak a bread recipe in my cookbook.  It is a white bread recipe, but I decided to switch the all purpose flour with whole wheat flour and the white sugar with brown sugar.  It came out pretty well considering I forgot it was in the oven until I smelled this yummy bread smell.  I quickly ran down the stairs, prayed that they weren’t burnt and pulled them out of the oven.  Thankfully after flipping them out of the pans and a few minutes of cooling down I cut one loaf and found that it was still a little moist. 

Homemade bread makes the house smell wonderful and tastes just as good.

DSC04461

I cut the loaf into thin slices for sandwiches and sampled a slice with a little butter, mmmm…

 DSC04465

I put the cut loaf in the fridge to keep it moist and the uncut loaf in the fridge to save for later.

 DSC04466

I have another bread recipe experiment in the making right now.  I found the recipe on Pinterest and since it only consisted of four ingredients I thought that I could try it out.  I will try to post a picture of it when it is finished and if it tastes good I will post the recipe with it.

What are your favorite bread recipes?

No comments: